Mini anchor chart stands are an easy way to display important information. You can buy ready made stands from teacher stands, or you can head to the hardware store and make your own! Create your own tabletop mini anchor chart stand with these quick & easy directions.
Mini Anchor Chart Stand
I use my anchor chart stand with a 4-year old tornado, so I need a stand that is sturdy enough to stand up to her “love”! Armed with my old stand and a drawing, I went straight to the experts. The great professionals at Lowes were so helpful and I left with a design in 2 minutes flat! I couldn’t be happier!!
Since I am so thrilled with my new stand, I knew that I needed to share the design with all of you! All you need to do is gather the materials and follow the directions to create your own stand.
- 62 inches of ½ inch PVC pipe
- Two ½ inch Tee attachments (Make sure they are “Slip” and NOT “Threaded”)
- Six ½ inch Elbow (90° Slip)
- PVC cutter
- Decorative duct tape or spray paint (optional)
Tip: If you are making more than one stand, you can buy the contractor pack to save money!
The blades on the cutting tool are VERY sharp! Please be very careful when using the tools and an adult should be doing the cutting. I mark the PVC pipe with a marker before cutting. Then, line up the blades with the mark on your pipe.
DIY: Mini Anchor Chart Stand Steps
1. Cut out the following PVC pipe lengths:
- Three 10″ pieces
- Two 12″ pieces
- Four 2″ pieces
2. If you are using duct tape, attach the duct tape before fitting the pipes together. OR spray paint the PVC before you attach them together.
3. Attach 2 elbows to each of the 10″ pipes. Each 10″ piece should look like the picture below. One of the 10″ pieces will create the top of the stand and the other two pieces will create the bottom of the stand.
4. Now, we will create the base. Gather the two 10″ pieces that are for the base. Insert a 2″ piece of PVC into each elbow joint on both sides of the 10″PVC pipe. Then, attach the Tee to the small piece of PVC that sticks out of the elbow joints.
5. Push the 12″ PVC pipes into the Tees of the base.
6. Attach the 10″ pipe, that forms the top of the stand, to each of the 12″ pieces.
You’ve created a super sturdy Mini Anchor Chart Stand! Now, you’re ready to hang your anchor charts, word walls, activity directions, student work, or whatever resource that you want to display. Attach 2-3 metal rings to the 10″ pipe that creates the top of the stand. Display your resources, by punching holes in the top of the paper that you will hang.
Decorate Your Mini Anchor Chart Stand