Frog and Toad Container Creations
Create your own set of Frog and Toad containers to use with a FREE set of long and short vowel activities. This DIY post includes easy directions to create your own set of containers. Head over to this post to grab your own set of free long and short vowel printables and hands-on activities.
Creating Frog and Toad Phonics Manipulatives
You will need:
- Hot glue gun & hot glue
- Foam, construction paper, or felt
- Googly eyes
- Pipe cleaners
- X-acto knife or sharp scissors
DIY: Frog and Toad Directions:
- Use the X-acto knife or sharp scissors to cut a u-shape on the top of the icing containers.
- Hot glue foam or paper around the icing container. I used green foam for frog and scrapbook paper for toad.
- Hot glue the same foam or paper onto the icing container top.
- Cut out the shape to cover the cut out on the top. Cut a small slit in the middle of the shape.
- Insert the pipe cleaner into the hole.
- Hot glue the mouth onto the icing container top and roll the pipe cleaner into a tongue.
- Cut out shapes for the eyes. Hot glue the shapes together and hot glue the googly eyes on top of the shapes.
- Hot glue the eyes to the back of the icing container top. Glue a strip of foam or paper around the edge of the top.
- Add the labels to the front of the frog and toad.
10. You are ready to use Frog and Toad!Now that you have your new Frog and Toad Container Creations, head over to my TeachersPayTeachers shop and download the free set of printables, activity, and sorts! Check it out here and have fun with all the long and short vowel fun!!